COVID-19 Online Class Schedule and Info
Find your class based on the level you already take at weehawken.
Listed is class name/level and who is teaching it
Below class is what regular Weehawken classes will be sent an email to attend this class. If you want to attend a class you do not normally take, send me an email to ask for permission to attend. Siblings welcome too!
- 3:00-3:30 Pre-Ballet with Ashley Cordell (ages 2.5-5)
- 3:45-4:15 Primary Ballet with Ashley Cordell (ages 5-8)
- 3:15-4:00 Ballet 1/2 with Natasha (ages 8-11)
- 4:15-4:45 Pre/Pointe exercises and strengthening with Emma Berwanger (ages 11 and up, students already on pointe)
- 4:15-5:00 Ballet 2/3 with Natasha (ages 10 and up)
- 5:15-6:00 Ballet 3/4 with Natasha (ages 12 and up)
- 3:30-4:15 Ballet 1/2 with Miss Rachel (ages 8-11)
- 3:30-4:00 Pre/Primary Hip hop with Emma and Katy Story (ages 2.5-8)
- 3:30-4:15 Poms and Jazz with Natasha (ages 10 and up)
- 4:30-5:15 Self Care from the inside out, for Tweens & Teens with Miss Rachel (Ways to take care of your skin and self care that starts from within)
- 5:30-6:30 Ballet 4/5/6 barre & Pilates for dancers with Natasha (ages 12 and up)
- 4:45-5:15 Tap Primary/Level 1/2 with Pang (ages 5-9)
- 5:30-6:15 Poms Jazz with Pang (ages 5-9)
- 3:30-4:15 Hip Hop Poppin’ with Collin for hip hop level 5 and teens (ages 14 and up)
- 3:15-3:45 Pre/Primary Ballet with Natasha (ages 2.5-8)
- 4:15-5:00 Hip Hop 1/2 with Emma and Katy Story (ages 8 and up)
- 4:00-4:45 Tap ⅔ with Natasha (ages 9 and up)
- 5:00-6:00 Jazz workout with Natasha (ages 12 and up)
- 4:00-5:00 Ballet 2/3 with Pang (ages 10 and up)
- 3:30-4:00 Pre/Primary Jazz & Hip hop with Miss Kendra (ages 2.5-8)
- 3:30-4:00 Pointe exercises and strengthening with Emma Berwanger (ages 11 and up, students already on pointe)
- 4:15-5:00 Jazz and Hip Hop 1/2 with Miss Kendra (ages 8 and up)
- 3:00-3:45 Ballet 1/2 with Pang (ages 8 and up)
- 4:00-5:00 Ballet 3/4 with Pang (ages 10 and up)
- 5:15-6:15 Ballet 5/6 with Pang (ages 14 and up)
- 3:30-4:15 Hip Hop Poppin’ with Collin for hip hop level’s 3 & 4 (ages 12 and up)
- 4:30-5:15 Hip Hop DANCE! Choreography with Miss Val (learn a hip hop dance for fun with Miss Val, ages 10-18)
- 4:15-4:45 Pre-Pointe exercises and strengthening with Emma Berwanger (ages 9 and up)
Welcome to Weehawken Dance Winter Program 2020!
The 2020 Winter dance session runs for 12-weeks beginning the week of January 27 and ending with a performance on May 7-10 at the Montrose Pavilion. Parents and audience members alike will thoroughly enjoy watching this production with choreography showcasing our dancers and what they have learned in class throughout the semester.
New to Weehawken Dance? Want to know what it’s all about? NEW students are welcome to try a class the first week free (if space available)!
Auditions- Sunday, February 9 Wizard of Oz Leads Auditions at WCA MONTROSE
Dancers of any dance style may audition—however, please understand you may be doing choreography outside your normal dance style. If you do hip hop you may be doing some ballet.
Level 2/3 12:00-1:30 (boys ages 9-12 interested in partnering only come at this time as well)
Level 3/4 12:30-2:00 (break from 2-2:30, back at 2:30-3:00 for partnering)
Level 5/6 1:30-3:00
Partnering 2:30-3:00 (All guys auditioning for male leads come to your level time and again for partnering. Guys interested in partnering only come at this time. Ages 13 and up)
All dance sessions run January 27-May 1, except for during spring break.
Dance Registrations Fees (does not include Adult Dance or Aerial Silks):
30 minutes: $90
45 minutes: $168
60 minutes: $180
75 minutes: $198
90 minutes: $222
120 minutes: $291
Show fee (per class) Montrose: $50 Ouray County $40
Annual Registration: $25
All students must enroll either prior to the program beginning or at the first class in person. Enrollments are not accepted after the second week (February 3-7) of the session unless special approval is granted by the Artistic Director. The schedule offers a wide variety of styles, ages, and locations. Please review the schedule for specifics.
For more information on Weehawken Dance policies, Lead Audition Dates, Ballet Uniform Information, Studio Etiquette, Semester Dates to Remember, Company Dance Info, etc, click HERE.
Registration opens to new students on November 25, 2019.
Before registering, please read our Guide To Classes By Age Range
*Please note, age rage for classes are just a starting point to determining the right class for your dancer. Our teachers make class placement decisions freely and often move students based on their skill and maturity level. The age guidelines we use are based on the American Ballet Theatre National Training Curriculum age and level guidelines. We use these same age guidelines for all of our classes to streamline class titles and make it easy to determine which classes may fit your child the best. Please notice some classes may have prerequisites.
*Classes listed A are the more beginning portion of a class level. B is the more advanced portion of a class level. Example: Primary A and Primary B
*Some classes may be a mixed level. For example 1/2 would mean that the class is a mixed level class, students may be either level 1 or level 2.
PRE ages 2.5-5 (preschool aged children)
*Dancers in this level will work on movement fundamentals as well as how to follow directions, work within a group, and be a part of a class. Pre dancers will only perform in our show 1 time, in a way that is fun, exciting, safe and appropriate for their skill and attention span.
PRIMARY ages 4.5-8 (kindergarten-2nd grade)
*Dancers in this level will work on movement fundamentals as well as how to follow directions, work within a group, and be a part of a class. This semester Primary dancers will only perform in our show 1 time, in a way that is fun, exciting, safe and appropriate for their skill and attention span.
LEVEL 1 ages 8-9.5 (2nd grade-4th grade)
*Dancers in this level will work on focus, technique, and dance vocabulary. At this level dancers will begin to understand skill and discipline. Level 1 will have the opportunity to perform their class routine in our weekend performance twice.
LEVEL 2 ages 9-10.5 (4th grade – 5th grade)
*Dancers in this level will work on focus, technique, dance vocabulary, and develop skill and discipline. Level 2 will have the opportunity to perform their class routine in our weekend performance twice. For some shows (depending on the semester and chosen show) dancers will have the opportunity to audition for lead roles.
LEVEL 3 ages 10+ (5th grade and up)
*This is not a level for a brand new dancer. Level 3 dancers should be continuing dancers. Dancers in this level will work on focus, technique, dance vocabulary, and continue develop skill and discipline. Level 3 will have the opportunity to perform their class routine in our weekend performance twice. For some shows (depending on the semester and chosen show) dancers will have the opportunity to audition for lead roles.
Level 4 13+ (7th/8th grade)
Level 5 14+ (high school)
Level 6 15+ (high school)
*Dancers in this level should have already been dancing for years. This is not a level for a brand new dancer. Dancers in this level will work on focus, technique, artistry, dance vocabulary, and continue to develop new skills. Level 4 and up may be eligible to audition for lead roles in our winter and spring productions. Amount of performance time may vary from show to show.
These classes are add on classes to ballet level 2/3 and up.
NO students may be considered to dance on pointe before age 11, regardless of skill level.
ILLUMINATE: A NEW Performance Opportunity! Open to Levels 3 and up, Advanced Hip Hop and Teen Lyrical Jazz
Have you always wanted a chance to perform in the spotlight? Here’s your opportunity! Solos, duets, trios, find a dance teacher to mentor you and let’s create a dance that showcases your dance talent!
Who is allowed to sign up?
Open to any upper level students-Ballet Level 3 and up, Advanced Hip Hop, Jr/Sr Jazz, Teen Jazz Lyrical
Must select dance genre and schedule at least 2 private lessons with teacher mentor of their choice. Price will be based on amount of students and teacher rate scale. Once you are signed up, we will e-mail you the rate spreadsheet and teacher contact info to schedule your classes.
Students must get their own costumes together
Dances will be 1.5-2.5 min in length
Show fee: $50 per dancer per piece, additional performance pieces $25 per dancer (does not include instructor lesson time. Students pay instructors separately.)
The spotlight showcase will be one of the acts in the “Illuminate” dance performance on April 10th at the Montrose Pavilion. Deadline to register is February 14th, 2020