Weehawken Creative Arts is a place of amazing opportunities. It’s a place where high-quality art is presented and learned almost daily. Whether we are talking about the performing arts or the visual arts, there’s something for everyone. As Weehawken increases programming in the humanities, music and dance, you’ll begin to see how the arts create and define a community. We are so fortunate to have so many people who care about what we do here. Your participation is the key to success of Weehawken Creative Arts.
Your support makes it possible for Weehawken Creative Arts to do the following and more each year:
- Welcome, entertain and inspire over 15,000 visitors of all ages every year!
- Put on dance productions like no one else! We take great pride in presenting three+ exceptionally wonderful dance productions each year. These productions provide students and patrons with the very best in youth dance performance in the entire region.
- Offer over 350 classes, camps and workshops for over 1,800 student artists each year. Weehawken’s wide array of programs provides inspiring arts-based learning opportunities for students of all ages.
- Provide the highest-quality dance education program in the region. Our Artistic Director for Weehawken Dance is American Ballet Certified to Level Seven. She is one of two dance teachers in the entire state with this certification. She takes this education and the ABT standards in ensures the standards and ABT curriculum are held to when educating our dance students. Currently, our dance program serves over 230 students each semester who come from as far as Silverton and Cedaredge.
- For more than 14 years, Weehawken Creative Arts has been a community resource for arts education for an entire region. As one of the few multidisciplinary cultural organizations, Weehawken uniquely serves the communities of Silverton, Ridgway, Ouray and Montrose.
- Offer beloved community events each year such as the Amateur Sculpting Contest, The Ridgway Rendezvous Arts Festival, The Sneffels Fiber Festival and the Gingerbread House Workshops.