The program where education and technique meets artistry to support the whole dancer.
We serve Ridgway, Ouray, Montrose and Silverton with high quality instruction and education with exceptional performance opportunities
Weehawken Dance is open to students ages 2.5 through adult, at a variety of skill levels. We offer classes in many dance styles including ballet, pointe, tap, hip-hop, jazz and aerial dance, with occasional offerings in other specialty areas. We run year round with with a total of 28 class weeks that begin in September and run through May with TWO full staged dance productions, one in December and one in May/June. Schedules and registration open approximately two months prior to the start of the semester. Our summer dance program is a mix of regular classes and intensive workshops for all ages. Programming is offered in Montrose and Ridgway!
At Weehawken, our primary focus is technique, artistry and creating dancers who LOVE to dance, learn, and stay healthy both in their body, mind and spirit. Weehawken Dance is proud to include the AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE® NATIONAL TRAINING CURRICULUM, a breakthrough 8 level program that combines high quality artistic training with the basics of dancer health and child development. The ABT® National Training Curriculum consists of a comprehensive set of age-appropriate, outcome-based guidelines to provide the highest quality ballet training to dance students of all ages and skill level
What Makes Weehawken Dance Special?
- We offer TWO MAJOR performance productions throughout the year with high production quality. These performances are not only a treat for families, but for the community as a whole. Our performances regularly sell out.
- Our production experience offers a chance for dancers to learn how to be a part of an ensemble show, including timing, stage placement, and costume changes, with an emphasis on teamwork
- Our program is not a competition studio, nor do we require auditions or invitations to continue with dance education. As long as students put in the work and the time, they are able to move up in our program, because for us, the focus is the love of dance.
- The show fee is disclosed prior to starting the semester. All of our pricing is transparent.
- We currently do not charge rehearsal fees
- Scholarships are available
- Our dancewear is VERY affordable
- Our classes are offered by HIGHLY qualified instructors
2021 Winter Dance Registrations Fees
for 14 Week Session (does not include Aerial Silks):
30 minutes: $119
45 minutes: $209
60 minutes: $229
75 minutes: $259
Show fee (per class): $50
Annual Registration: $25
What is a Show Fee?
Show fees are NOT Costume Fees.
Show feels help us with many costs associated with the performances including:
- An eighth of the cost of the costume (because we try to get 8 uses out of each costume) -- so a costume “rental” fee
- Storage and storage containers for the costume (because costumes are re-used)
- The cost of rehearsal spaces
- The cost of the performance space
- Sets & Props
- Show Team Contractors
- Show Marketing
- The cost of an Artistic Director to put a show together and clean up after a show
- The cost of an administrative team to work on the details prior to, and after the show
- Teacher wages for rehearsals and show week
- Insurance for a special event/show